Monday, April 11, 2011

RePost: Penguin Books gives back to the 305; How you can help

Penguin Books Gives Back to the 305; How You Can Help 305 WGB florida badge
To read the original post from  Antisteez.com click the link above

Lately all I hear is bad news about Florida’s public school system and all the budget cuts coming their way, having several friends who chose teaching as their career path this issue hits especially close to home for me. So, when I found out that publishing giant Penguin Group was doing their part to help the Florida Public School System I thought I would do my part to spread the word about their campaign. Not only am I a HUGE reader but I am an even bigger fan of giving back so to me when their powers combined the perfect cause was born. Thus is the message behind We Give Books.


Penguin Books Gives Back to the 305; How You Can Help 305 goon 300x246 
They have several campaigns going on, but the one that impacts us here at Antisteez, and all our kiddies in the 305 is Read For My School Florida. All it takes is for you to go to Penguin Group by clicking the link above, sign up via Facebook (we know you all have got one!) and start reading. The books on the site are meant for kids so I had a damn good time reading some of my old school faves and finding some new gems. For those of you Steezers with kids of your own its a great activity to do with them, it takes 10 minutes max. Once your done you click Donate a Book, and just like that Penguin donates one book to a Florida school of your choosing for every book you read. A better deal than that I’ve yet to find. They have pledged 50,000 books, and so far I’ve got to say the 305 is not doing that great a job of representing for our young folks. So lets get on it, spread the word, put a badge up on your site, post it to your Facebook or Twitter feed but most of all join the campaign and read your asses off because its only good until May 9th when the campaign ends.

Penguin Books Gives Back to the 305; How You Can Help 305 the tale of peter rabbit 001 thumb 190x190
Penguin Books Gives Back to the 305; How You Can Help 305 animal families 001 thumb 190x190

No comments:

Post a Comment