Monday, March 28, 2011

Dying of Antici...Pation Monday's

Despite the fact that I have about a billion books on my shelf and Nook that I have yet to read and about eight that I am currently in the middle of, there are always a ton that I can't wait for.  I count down the days, pre-order them wait impatiently for them and then let them sit on my shelf or on my Nook while I finish the books that I am currently reading.  Its a problem people.  I have too much on my plate and not enough time to dedicate to my first and real love Reading.

But, despite that I wanted to start a regular feature where I let you all in on the reads that I am dying for. (extra points if you caught the Rocky reference in the title)

 I was not all about this series when I first picked it up.  The first half of the first book gave me the heeby-jeebies and then by the last chapter I coudln't put it down.  By the time I was done with the third book I wanted to cry that the series was over.  Then she announced a prequel and then a fourth book.  It was like dear sweet Cassie had heard my prayers.

 The second book in the prequel to the Mortal Instruments.  I am saving Book One until Book Two comes out, do not ask for my insane logic but basically I don't want to wait months to figure out the resolution to the cliffhanger ending.

 I couldn't be sadder that this series is coming to a close.  Much like the Vampire Academy series it is one that I feel has truly grown with the characters.  I understand that Young Adult fiction is not for everyone but I love some bubble gum amidst my Classic Lit. and there is nothing better than fairy flavored bubble gum.

 I'm reading part two now.  So good.  So good.  I love how suspensefully dark this series is and can't wait for the third.
 Medusa's daughter, yes, please.
Regency romance and intrigue all wrapped up (pun intended) in what looks to be a tight little teen lit package.  I think this is going to be a sweet little and quick read for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment