Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday Throwbacks: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Lightning Thief

I am very much a fantasy girl.  I was a Harry Potter fiend and felt this vast emptiness once I had read the whole series.  I stumbled upon Percy Jackson at a newstand at Miami International Airport on one of my many trips to Alabama and decided to buy it.  It was a spur of the moment decision on a book I had never really heard anything about.  The movie wasn't due to come out for several months, I hadn't seen a trailer of anything and thought why not? I love greek mythology this can't suck.

And it didn't.  Was it the best thing I'd ever read.  No by no means, but I found myself sucked into Percy's world from page 10.  I have since seen the movie and felt it didn't do the book justice I left slightly outraged.  I loved the characters so much in the book, the way the relationships were built, the time spent at Camp Halfblood and was so upset that they seemingly cut out that great time at the camp.  I get it you have to show the fun stuff but reading about Camp Halfblood was the fun stuff for me.  I eventually got the second book in the series on my Nook, but I haven't read it yet.  I will review it at some point and post it for you guys. 

Overall I thought The Lightning Thief was a nice intro to Percy Jackson and his world.  I think its a nice fun read for anyone with children or anyone into fantasy series. 

1 comment:

  1. hi, I know your blog from my friend's blog. I already follow your blog
    regard,

    bolehngeblog

    ReplyDelete